SummerVibes,Raita recipe and updated plant family
Good morning everyone! I hope sun is shining and flowers are blooming around you. For me it’s a perfect morning with flowers blooming in my balcony and my favorite cake sitting in my refrigerator. Kids are still in bed, so my next destination is kitchen to fix a breakfast. I always feel its breakfast that set the mood of the day, so want it fun and simple yet colorful. Yesterday, I made these banana oats pancakes by simply replacing the common flour with rolled oats flour. I love playing with recipes to incite your unique taste buds. Your kitchen is your canvas and you have your ingredients as colors to create new tastes.
This weekend, I made my childhood favorite dessert for dinner with my friends and it turned out to be a totally different and marvelous flavor. I am sharing my experience and recipe to help your sweet cravings.
Decorating a dessert is my relaxing therapy. I layered up my homemade lemon cake plus blueberries with vanilla custard and a layer of no bake vanilla cheese cake with crumbles. This overloaded trifle turned out to be king of my dinner.
Another experiment that went perfect that day was vegetable saffron rice and eggplant yogurt. Eggplant yogurt was made by grilling one egg plant near to burn and then removing its skin. I mashed the inner flesh, added lemon juice, crushed garlic ,paprika salt fresh mint chopped and mix all these ingredients with yogurt. My guests loved it. You can serve it with a splash of olive oil and coriander leaves on top. Detailed recipe is below:
egg plant Raita
Grilled Eggplant raita recipe
Ingredients:
1 Eggplant
1/2 liter mild greek yougurt
2 cloves of garlic minced
mint leaves chopped 2 tbsp
1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 tsp cummin roasted and crushed
1 tsp coriander roasted and crushed
olive oil 1 tbsp to drizzle
paprika accordin to taste
salt and pepper according to taste.
Method:
- Preheat oven at 250°C.
- Cut eggplant in half lengthwise after removing stem end and bottom. Cut the flesh with a knife, cutting deep into the flesh but not through the skin. Brush the eggplant flesh with a bit of olive oil and put it face-down on a baking sheet. Roast for 35-40 minutes, or until the back of the eggplant looks collapsed and burnt.
- Let eggplant cool enough to handle, at least 20 minutes. Peel off burnt skin and and coarsely chop the eggplants, drain the extra liquids, let it rest about 1 hour in refrigerator. Finely chop near to mash , and transfer to a large bowl. Add minced garlic and season with salt and pepper ,little paprika, cummin and coriander .
- Mix eggplant mixture in yougurt,lemon juice and chopped mint leaves.
- Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil before serving and some chopped mint.
These were few cooking experiments of recent days. But what took my interest in recent days is a little addition to my plant family.
a little Money Plant
This is my second money plant, hope this will have good time at our home. These were few of my recent kitchen adventures that went well. Between them I did some Diy home stuff will share other time. Bye take care.







Comments
Post a Comment